Professor Sangeeta Sabharwal is Head of Division of Information Technology at NSIT, Delhi. She has done her B.E. and M.E. (with distinction)from Delhi College of Engineering and Ph.D from Delhi University. She started her academic career as Lecturer at NSIT. Before joining NSIT in 1986 she also worked in industry for two years. Currently she is working as Professor and Head(Division of Information Technology) at NSIT. She is an expert in Software Engineering in general. Her areas of interest are Requirement engineering, Meta modeling, object Oriented analysis, Software testing and Data Warehouse. She has published more than 70 papers in international journals and conferences and is on the editorial boards of national and international journals. She has also authored a book on Software Engineering. She is a Senior member of IEEE, ACM and life member of Computer Society of India and is invited as expert by several Government organizations and Universities. Several research scholars are currently pursuing their Ph.D. under her guidance.
1. Sangeeta Sabharwal and Manuj Aggarwal, “Test Set Generation for Pairwise Testing using Genetic Algorithms”, accepted for publication in Journal of Information Processing Systems (JIPS).
2. Sangeeta Sabharwal and Manuj Aggarwal, “Identifying Interactions for Combinatorial Testing using Data Flow Techniques” ACM SIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, New York, vol 39, issue 6, December 2014.
3. Anjana Gosain, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Rolly Gupta - Non Functional Requirement Classification for Service-Oriented Data Warehousing - published at: "International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications (IJSRP), Volume 3, Issue 7, July 2013 Edition".
4. Gosain A., Nagpal S., Sabharwal S., “Validating dimension hierarchy metrics for the understandability of multidimensional models for data warehouse”, IET Software, Volume 7(2), 2013, pp 93-103.
5. Nagpal S., Gosain A., Sabharwal S., “Theoretical and empirical validation of comprehensive complexity metric for multidimensional models for data warehouse”, International Journal of Systems Assurance Engineering and Management (Springer), Volume 4(2), pp. 193-204, 2013.
6. Sangeeta Sabharwal, Priti Bansal and Manuj Aggarwal, ”Modeling the Navigation Behavior of Dynamic Web Applications”, International Journal of Computer Applications,Volume Number 65- Number 13(ISBN:973-93-80873-53-2), March 2013.
7. Gosain A., Sabharwal S., Nagpal S., “Predicting quality of data warehouse using fuzzy logic“, International Journal of Business and Systems Research (IJBSR)-Special issue on Data Mining Concepts and Applications in Business Intelligence, 2012, Vol.6, No. 3, pp 255-268.
8. Sandeep K. Singh, Sangeeta Sabharwal and J.P. Gupta, “A Novel Approach for Deriving Test Scenarios and Test Cases from Events”, JIPS 8(2): 213-240 (2012)
9. Anjana Gosain, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Sushama Nagpal, “Predicting Quality of Data Warehouse using fuzzy logic" International Journal of Business and Systems Research (IJBSR)-Special issue on Data Mining Concepts and Applications in Business Intelligence, 2012, Vol.6, No. 3, pp 255-268.
10. Sangeeta Sabharwal , Singh S.K., Gupta, J.P., “Deriving System Complexity Metric from Events and its Validation,” International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (IJSEKE), 21(8):1097-1121,(2011)
11. Anjana Gosain, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Sushama Nagpal, “Assessment of quality of data warehouse multidimensional model,” International Journal of Information Quality 2011, Vol. 2(4), pp 344-358, DOI: 10.1504/IJIQ.2011.043782
12. Anjana Gosain, Sushama Nagpal, Sangeeta Sabharwal, “Quality Metrics for Conceptual Models for Data Warehouse focussing Dimension Hierarchies”, ACM SIGSOFT software engineering notes, Volume 36 Issue 4,pp 1-5, July 2011, doi>10.1145/1988997.1989015.
13. Sangeeta Sabharwal ,Ritu Sibal, Chayanika Sharma “ Applying Genetic Algorithm for prioritization of test case scenarios derived from UML diagrams” , International journal of Computer science issues, Vol.8, Issue 3, No. 2,pp. 433-444, May 2011.
14. Sandeep K. Singh, Sangeeta Sabharwal and J.P. Gupta, “An Event based methodology to Generate Class Diagrams and its Empirical Evaluation”, Journal of Computer Science, Science Publications, USA, vol. 6. no.11, 2010, pp. 1301-1325. [Indexed in SCOPUS]
15. Sandeep Singh, Sangeeta Sabharwal and J.P. Gupta, “ Event Based Metric for Computing System Complexity”, In Communications in Computer and Information Science, 2010, vol.95, no.1, pp. 46-61.[Indexed in SCOPUS , ISI Proceedings and Springer].
16. Priti bansal, Sangeeta Sabharwal and Parinita Sindhu, “Integration Test order for C++ Applications”, Journal of Computing, Vol. 2, Issue 9, pp 61-67, September 2010, ISSN 2151-9617
17. Anand Gupta, S.K.Gupta, Isha M.G., Pankhuri Gupta, Vikram Goyal and Sangeeta Sabharwal, Opaqueness Characteristic of Context Honeypot System, Accepted for publication in Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective, Taylor and Francis, ISSN Print 1939-3555 ISSN Online 1939-3547, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 142-152, 2010.
18. Anand Gupta, S.K.Gupta, Pankhuri Gupta, Isha M.G., Sangeeta Sabharwal and Vikram Goyal, “Suspicion Model: Standardizing Synthetic Information in Context Honeypot for a Suspected User”, International Journal of Computing & Information Technology (IJCIT), Vol. 2, No. 2, pp 219-235, January 2010 ,ISSN: 0974-696X.
19. Anand Gupta, S.K.Gupta, S. Sabharwal and V. Goyal, “Positional Suspicion Value Calculator (PSVC): A Mechanism to assess user’s Suspicion of being in Context Honeypot “, Published in International Journal of Automation Computers Applied Mathematics, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 55-68, ISSN 1221-437X, 2009.
20. Prakash, N., Sabharwal, S., Srivastava, S., “A Generic Approach to Engineering Transformational Methods”, International Journal of Information and Management Sciences, Vol. 190, No.3, pp 455-476, September 2008, Tamkang University, Taiwan
21. Prakash, N., Sabharwal, S., Srivastava, S., “A Systematic Approach for Engineering Inter Model Transformations”, in the International Journal of Information and Management Sciences, Tamkang University Publication, Vol. 17 (4), pp 15-34, 2006, Republic of China.
22. Sabharwal S., “Transactions as a traceable unit for process trace and reuse in CASE Tools”, IETE journal of research, , New Delhi, India. Volume 52 , No. 4, July-August, pp 257-270, 2006.
23. M. Sood, S. Sabharwal and Y. Singh, “The Requirements Model and Behaviour in Specification of Requirements”, International Journal of Information and Management Sciences, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 67 – 89, March 2006, Tamkang University, Taiwan.
24. Prakash N., Sabharwal S. and Srivastava S., “The Classification Framework for Model Transformation” , Journal of Computer Science, New York, U.S.A. Vol. 2(2), pp 166-170, 2005.
25. M. Sood, S. Sabharwal and Y. Singh, “A Systematic Approach to Measure the Problem Complexity of Software Requirements Specifications of an Information System”, International Journal of Information and Management Sciences, Vol. 15,No.1, March 2004, Tamkang University, Taiwan.
26. B.Kumar, S.C. Dutta Roy & Sangeeta Sabharwal, 'Interrelations between the coefficients of FIR digital differentiator & other FIR Filters & a versatile multifunction configuration', IEEE Signal Processing, Vol 39, 1994, pp 247-262.
1. Sangeeta Sabharwal, Sushama Nagpal, Gargi Aggarwal, “Coupling Metrics for Object Oriented datawrae House Design”, In proceedings of 2nd International conference on Computing for Sustainable Global development, INDIACom, 11-13 March 2015, Delhi. (IEEE Conference ID – 35071)
2. Anjana Gosain, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Rolly Gupta,”Quality Metrics for View Maintenance Models of Data Warehouse” , ERCICA2014, Elsevier, Bangalore, India.
3. Anjana Gosain, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Rolly Gupta, ‘Architecture Based Materialized View Evolution: A Review’, ICCC2014 , ELSEVIER, Procedia Computer Science,. Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
4. Sangeeta Sabharwal, Ritu Sibal and Preeti Kaur, “Deriving Complexity Metric Based on Use Case Diagram and its Validation”, IEEE-ISSPIT 2014.
5. Rashmi Sharma, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Sushma nagpal, “Empirical Analysis of Object Oriented Metrics using Dimensionality Reduction Techniques”, Proceedings of IEEE conference on Recent Advances and Innovation in Engineering (ICRAIE 2014), 9-11 May 2014, Jaipur, India
6. Priti Bansal, Sangeeta Sabharwal: A model based approach to test case generation for testing the navigation behavior of dynamic web applications. IC3 2013, Proceedings of The Sixth International Conference on Contempary Computing, 8th to 10th August 2013, Noida, India:, pp 213-218
7. Priti Bansal, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Shreya Malik, Vikhyat Arora, Vineet Kumar: An Approach to Test Set Generation for Pair-Wise Testing Using Genetic Algorithms. Proceedings of 5th Symposium on Search Based Software Engineering (SSBSE ) , 22nd – 25th August 2013, Saint Petersburg, Russia: pp 294-299.
8. Anjana Gosain, Sangeeta Sabharwal and Rolly Gupta, “An Efficient Feature Selection Approach for Materialized Views”, ICCCCM 2013, Allahabad, India
9. Sangeeta Sabharwal, Ritu Sibal, Preeti Kaur, “Software Complexity: A Fuzzy Logic Approach”, Proceedings of International Conference on Communication, Information and Computing Technology(ICCICT 2012), Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai(18-20 Oct 2012) to be published by IEEEXplore
10. Manuj Aggarwal and Sangeeta sabharwal, “ Test Case Generation from UML State machine Diagram: A Survey”, Proceedings of International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT-2012), [Indexed in SCOPUS and IEEE]
11. Nagpal S., Gosain A., Sabharwal S., “Complexity metric for multidimensional models for data warehouse”, International Information Technology Conference & Exhibition (CUBE 2012), Pune, India, 3rd-5th September 2012, pp. 360-365.
12. P. C. Saxena, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Maneesha , “An Efficient Constructive Approximation Approach To Design A K-Connected Network Topology”, “Second International Conference on Computers, Communication, Control and Information Technology (C3IT-2012)”, (Feb 25-26, 2012, Academy of Technology, Hooghly in West Bengal, India ) Proc. Published in Elsevier Procedia.
13. P. C. Saxena, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Maneesha , “ Diameter Restricted Fault Tolerant Network Design”, “Third International Conference on Advances in Communication Network and Computing – CNC 2012”, (Feb 24-25, 2012 in Chennai, India.) - Proc. published by Springer, archived in Springer Digital Library.
14. Sangeeta Sabharwal ,Ritu Sibal, Chayanika Sharma “A genetic Algorithm based Approach for Prioritization of Test case Scenarios in Structural Testing” , Proceedings of International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT-2010), September 2011, pp 304-30[Indexed in SCOPUS and IEEE]
15. Singhal S., Sunsunwal A., Singh S.K., Sabharwal S., “EBTCG: a tool for Event Based Test Case Generation,” in Proc. 4th Indian Software Engineering Conference (ISEC 2011), Feburary 2011, pp.119-122. [Indexed in ACM and DBLP]
16. Anjana Gosain, Sangeeta Sabharwal and Sushama Nagpal, “Neural Network Approach to Predict Quality of Data Warehouse Multidimensional Model”, International conference on Advances in Computer Science (ACS 2010), Trinvandrum, Kerala, Dec. 21-22, 2010. pp 241-244,
17. Sangeeta sabharwal, Ritu Sibal and Chayanika sharma, “Prioritization of Test Case Scenarios Derived from Activity Diagram using Genetic Algorithm” Proceedings of International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT-2010), September 2010, pp 481-485 [Indexed in SCOPUS and IEEE]
18. Sabharwal S., Sabharwal D., Singh, S.K., Gabrani A., “An event-based approach to generate test scenarios,” in Proc. International Conference on Computer and Communication Technology (ICCCT), September 2010, pp.551 – 556. [Indexed in SCOPUS and IEEE]
19. Priti bansal, Sangeeta Sabharwal and Parinita Sindhu, “An investigation of strategies for finding test order during integration testing of Object oriented applications”, Proceedings of International Conference on Methods and Models in Computer Science (ICM2CS09) held at Delhi, India during 14th Dec. - 15th Dec., 2009.
20. Singh, K.,Sandeep, Sabharwal, Sangeeta, and Gupta, J.P., "E-XTRACT: A Tool for Extraction, Analysis and Classification of Events from Textual Requirements", Proceedings of 2009 International Conference on Advances in Recent Technologies in Communication and Computing, held in 27 - 28 Oct 2009, Kerela, India.(IEEE indexed)
21. Singh, K.,Sandeep, Sabharwal, Sangeeta, and Gupta, J.P.,"Events-An Alternative to Use Case as starting point in Object-Oriented Analysis",Proceedings of The 2nd International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering & Technology (ICETET-09), held on December 16-18, 2009, at G.H.Raisoni College of Engineering, Nagpur, India.(IEEE indexed)
22. Singh, K.,Sandeep, Gupta, Reetesh, Sabharwal, Sangeeta, and Gupta, J.P.,"Automatic Extraction of Events from Textual Requirements Specification",Proceedings of 2009 World Congress on Nature and Biologically Inspired Computing (NaBIC 2009)Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - Saturday, December 12, 2009,Coimbatore, India.(IEEE indexed)
23. S.K.Gupta, Anand Gupta, Renu Damor, Vikram Goyal, Sangeeta Sabharwal, ”Context honeypot: A framework for anticipatory privacy violation”, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering & Technology ( IEEE ICETET-08 ), pp. 813-818, July 16-18, 2008, India
24. Sandeep K.Singh ,Sangeeta Sabharwal, J.P.Gupta, “Event Patterns for Object Oriented Requirement Analysis” Proceedings of IASTED International Conferences on Advances in Computer Science and Technology, held in Malaysia April 2-4 ,2008.
25. S.K. Gupta, Anand Gupta, Renu Damor, Sangeeta Sabharwal, Vikram Goyal and Bholi Patra, “ Context honeypot: A framework for anticipatory privacy Violation”, Accepted in the Fourth International Bridging the Digital Divide Asian Applied Computing Conference ( AACC 2007),Dec. 13-15, 2007, Nepal
26. Sandeep K.Singh ,Sangeeta Sabharwal, J.P.Gupta, “Object Oriented Analysis using Event Patterns” presented and accepted for publication in Proceedings of International Joint Conferences on Computer, Information, and Systems Sciences, and Engineering (CIS2E 07) held in December 3 - 12, 2007.
27. M. Sood, S. Sabharwal and Y. Singh, “A Study of Two Standards for Specification of Software Requirements”, Proceedings of National Conference on Communication and Computational Trends (NCCT-06), held at Dehradun Institute of Technology, Dehradun, in February 10 – 11, 2006.
28. S. K. Gupta, Anand Gupta ,Renu Damor ,Vikram Goyal and Sangeeta Sabharwal, “Preserving Obliviousness Characteristic of Honeypot database “,13th International Conference on Management of Data, COMAD 2006, December 14-16, 2006 , IIT Delhi, India.
29. M. Sood, S. Sabharwal and Y. Singh, “ Specification of Software Requirements using Graphs”, Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Computer Technologies(ECT-05), held at HRMMV, Jalandhar, September 29-30, 2005.
30. M. Sood, S. Sabharwal and Y. Singh, "Behavioural Aspects of Requirements in the SRS of an Information System, Presented at "National Conference on Recent Advances and Future Trends in IT (RAFIT-2005) 2-3 March 2005, Punjabi University, Patiala, pp 193-197
31. Yogesh Singh, Sangeeta Sabharwal and Manu Sood, "Understanding the Requirements in the SRS" Presented at National Conference on Research Practices in Information Technology - "RPIT 2004" , held at SLIET, Longowal, May 2004.
32. Manu Sood, Sangeeta Sabharwal and Yogesh Singh, “A Step Towards the Requirements Model Metric Suite”, International Conference on Computing, Control and Technologies (CCCT2004), at Austin, Texas, USA, 14-17 August 2004.
33. Sangeeta Sabharwal, "An approach to build CASE tools for Integrated Methods", in proceedings of the first national conference on Object Oriented Technology (NCOOT97), Aug. 23-24 1997 at Warangal, A.P., pp 115-124.
34. Prakash N., Sabharwal S.,"Building CASE tools for Methods represented as Abstract Data Types", Proceedings of the third International Conference on Object Oriented Information Systems, London 1996, Springer, pp 357-369.
35. Naveen Prakash & Sangeeta Sabharwal, 'An approach to building CASE tools,' presented at International Conference on Information Systems & Management of Data (CISMOD-95) held on 14-17 Nov. 1995 at Mumbai
36. B. Kumar & Sangeeta Sabharwal, 'An efficient multipurpose FIR digital Filter', Proc. 14th National Systems Conf.(NSC-90), AMU, Aligarh(India), pp. 1-4, 12-14 Mar. 1991. (Won the best paper award).
37. B.Kumar & Sangeeta Sabharwal, 'On the Design of multi purpose FIR digital Filter', Proc. 4th International Congress & Exhibition - National Foundation of Engineers (NAFEN), N.Delhi-9,India), pp, TSC-5,102, 21-23 Nov. 1990.